Sunday, September 16, 2012

the planning begins.

It's only been two weeks, but we have started looking at venues for the big day.
I've also been stocking up on bridal magazines.


These glossy pages are the most addicting thing in my life right now (aside from pinterest, but I'll save that for another day).
It seems that in the city I live, finding a rustic, vintage looking venue on a budget is impossible (unless the "vintage" look i'm aiming for it 1970's retro).  So, I've reworked my vision and am aiming for an elegant vintage feel instead.  We may have a winner already, but it will be a bit over our desired budget.
I also invested in a wedding organizer, which is pretty much amazing.


I was debating between Martha Stewart's Wedding Keepsake Planner and the Mindy Weiss Wedding Planner and Organizer.  After reading many reviews, I decided to go with Mindy Weiss and it is absolutely wonderful and helpful!  It features tabs for budget, location, guests and invitations, the dress, menu and flowers, music, photography and videography, rentals and making it official.  Within each of the tabs, more in depth information is covered in a simple (non-stressful) manner.  I purchased mine from Amazon, but you can it from just about any book retailer. I can't wait to keep using it over the next 13 months to help me plan the wedding!







0 comments:

hi there!

hi there!
i'm angelica. a twenty something, newly engaged, lover of literature and coffee.
   
Powered by Blogger.

grab a button, share the love.

ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Followers

Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin