Sunday, January 13, 2013

Recovery: Days 2 & 3

On day 2 after my wisdom teeth removal, I woke up multiple times during the night in pain.  Finally at 4am, I got out of bed with my pain pills, went to the bathroom and took one.  The pain was so excruciating that there were tears coming out of my eyes (I wasn't exactly crying, it was just that kind of pain).  Nick woke up too and got me some yogurt to eat and frozen vegetables for my face.  I couldn't fall back to sleep, so I watched Marley and Me on TV and finally dozed off around 7:15 am.

My pain pills wore off around 8:30 am, so I woke again to take another and my antibiotics.  Nick cooked an egg for me and I tried to eat most of it.  He had to work, so I was set to fend for myself all day until about 7:30 pm when he would be home.  The whole day consisted of me trying to make simple meals for myself, shower, rinse with warm salt water and apply heat compression on my face every 20 minutes.  It was basically very exhausting in conjunction with the pain meds.  And the fact that the medicine kept wearing off so quickly was really terrible.  It was probably the worst day of pain so far.  But, it could have been worse!

Day 3, I felt much better.  I still woke up at 4am, but I refused to submit and take more pain killers.  I spent the whole day taking Advil instead, which simply dulled the pain but did not take it away completely.  We actually left the house for about three hours and I had some rice, beans and half of a cheese enchilada   It was like heaven!!!  I would have scarfed the whole thing down if I had been able to.

My mouth then started to really hurt again when we got home, so I napped and took more Advil and then napped again.  I waited all the way until 10:30 pm to take a pain medicine before I fell asleep because I couldn't take it anymore.  I'm trying to imagine what work will be like on Monday because I absolutely cannot take the pain killers since they make me tired and dizzy... hopefully Advil will be enough by then!

0 comments:

hi there!

hi there!
i'm angelica. a twenty something, newly engaged, lover of literature and coffee.
   
Powered by Blogger.

grab a button, share the love.

ebates

Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Followers

Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin