Monday, January 14, 2013

Recovery: Days 4 & 5.

I know these posts might be getting a bit dull, but I really do want to document what this entire process has been like.  I'll try to sum it up as quickly as I can...

On Day 4 of recovery, I was feeling "eh".  Not great, but not terrible.  The pain in my mouth was pretty constant.  I woke up at 4 am again and took an Advil, went back to sleep... same routine.  Nick had to work, so I managed to get ready and drive to a friends house just to get my body used to being out and active all day again.  We got some food which I had a hard time eating (note- cheeseburgers are really hard to chew after wisdom teeth removal).  I went home that evening and felt so bad I took one of my pain medicines.  I took another before bed and hoped for the best.

Day 5, 3:30 am and I woke up in tears from the terrible pain on the right side of my mouth.  I felt like I had an ear infection.  Took another pain med and googled the symptoms for a dry socket.  I matched with it and dread came over me.  I called the dentist in the morning and they had me come in for treatment.  The dentist irrigated the right side of my mouth and packed it with some sort of gel that tasted like medicine and ginger to me.  He also poked at the other areas of my mouth and they all felt fine.

Back at home, I took a pill and was up and down all day until the other side of my mouth began to hurt too.  Terrible... just awful.  Now I had a headache and felt nauseous, so I drank a bit of Coca Cola.  After a shower, I was feeling better for about 30 minutes.  Then, it hit me again.  My head, ears, jaw... everything hurt.  I started to cry a lot.  I had never felt pain like this before.  Nick came in and gave me two of my pain pills (I had only taken one at a time up until this point) and forced me to eat 2 bowls of oatmeal so my stomach would not get upset.  He left to get some clove oil which is supposed to help with the dry sockets, but by the time he returned the medicine had kicked in and I was left with a headache and no mouth/ear pain.

And... that was all about an hour ago, so I'm just waiting to see what is next.  For the record, dry sockets are no fun at all.  In fact, the pain is one of the worst I've experienced in life so far.  I have to work tomorrow, so I'm not really sure how that is going to work.  Hopefully the clove oil will help out.  I definitely just want my life back!


hi there!

hi there!
i'm angelica. a twenty something, newly engaged, lover of literature and coffee.
Powered by Blogger.

grab a button, share the love.


Ebates Coupons and Cash Back


Blog Lovin

Follow on Bloglovin